It becomes necessary if you always use Mobile Banking on your phone. There is need to put a PIN on your SIM, otherwise your account can be wiped clean anytime you lose your phone or your phone is stolen.
The process is very simple but if you ignore it could cost you all your life savings.
The simple steps to protect hacking of your bank account through SIM THEFT are as follows:
1. Go to SETTINGS in Your phone.
2. Go to SECURITY & LOCATION under SETTINGS
3. Go to SIM CARD LOCK.
4. Click on LOCK SIM CARD.
5. Enter Your mobile network default SIM CARD PIN Depending on your country of origin.
If you’re MTN user, it is “00000”.
If you’re AIRTEL user, it is “1111”.
If you’re 9mobile user, it is “0000”
If you’re users, it is “0000”
6. After entering the MOBILE NETWORK DEFAULT PIN, under it You will see ” CHANGE SIM PIN”, click on it to change to Your unique 4 digit pin,
7. Try to confirm that your unique four (4) digit pins by entering it again and that’s all.
So anytime you “On” your phone you will be prompted to enter your SIM CARD PIN just as you are always being prompted to input your phone lock PIN or draw your PATTERN each time You “START” (ON) your phone.
With the ACTIVATION OF SIM LOCK on your phone, Your savings can never be wiped off from your bank account through your SIM again. This is so because your SIM will not be useful for them.
Kindly make your comment sand share for your loved ones. Do so because the rate at which phone theft these days are becoming more alarming. The thieves are now after SIM cards that link to your Bank Accounts and not your phones any longer.